Next circle: Tuesday, June 6
Sawchyn Guitars, 2132 Dewdney Avenue, Regina, Sask.
They’re gonna put me in the movies …
This month’s theme is soundtracks, but before we get to the music, I’m still looking for people who can help out with a request.
At May’s circle, I asked if anyone was able to help a long-time Cathedral neighbourhood couple celebrate their wedding at the Cathedral Village Arts Festival on Saturday, May 27. We will gather at 11 AM and the wedding parade kicks off at 11:30. We’ll play a quick song for the couple and then march through the street fair, led by the Pile of Bones Brass Band. Please let me know if you can join us!
I’ll have more details (like the meeting location) after a pre-event meeting on Tuesday. I’ll send a followup to those who can join in.
OK, back to the movie soundtracks. It’s hard to imagine any of these movies without these iconic songs.
- Singin’ In the Rain, Gene Kelly (1952) from Singin’ in The Rain video
- Edelweiss, Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein (1959) The Sound of Music video
- Moon River, Henry Mancini, Audrey Hepburn (1961), Andy Williams (1962) from Breakfast at Tiffany’s video
- Mrs. Robinson, Simon & Garfunkel (1967), Lemonheads (1992) from The Graduate video
- Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head, B.J. Thomas (1969) from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid video
- Born to Be Wild, Steppenwolf (1968) from Easy Rider video
- Don’t You (Forget About Me), Simply Red (1985) from The Breakfast Club video
(A couple of these have ugly chords. I may try to transpose them to make them a bit easier.)